Thursday, September 1, 2011

Free?!


So I have played piano since I was about 8 years old and when I moved to Greensboro for school 4 years ago I didn't have access to a piano like I did living at home. The past four years I have played hit and miss and it really started to bother me that I could lose this talent of mine. I kept telling Keith we need to get a piano, not new but a hand me down type one! A REAL one not a keyboard. For those who play you know that there IS a difference. Well about 2 weeks ago my mother in law tells me " Look I don't know for sure, but I may be able to get you a piano for free. My friend is moving and doesn't want to take it with her." Immediately I was SOOO excited! Since it wasn't a definite I tried to keep my excitement under wraps. Well the next day I find out that I am for sure getting this free piano! FREE! Pianos can be super expensive and I felt such an abundance of gratitude at that moment! So we now have a piano! It still needs to be tuned and needs a little cosmetic work, but its not so off tune I can't play it and the looks don't bother me at this point in time!I have been playing it and it feels so good to be able to pick this talent back up. I am pretty rusty, but I think with enough practice I will be back where I left off.


No comments: